Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Have a break, and a Kit Kat if you so wish

Right this minute, I should be lounging on a beach in Koh Samui. That's right, I even had the foresight to write this scheduled post so I could brag about it /cue evil laughter.

Jelly yet?
(Source) 

It's been awhile since I've had a restful holiday. It's not that I don't take any leave, it's just that, being the Type-A girl that I am, I always need to be doing something during my holidays. The last holiday I had was a snowboarding holiday. It was great, but I didn't feel rejuvenated at all.

Apparently, Australians have a collective 70 million annual leave days stockpiled. This may make you out to sound like a better worker, but research has shown that not having a break actually decreases productivity.

Even if it's just a weekend away to the Peninsula Hot Springs, or a week retreat in Gwinganna  (this is my ultimate holiday...), give yourself that you time to rejuvenate, and the sweetness of doing nothing. Can you tell that Eat, Pray, Love has rubbed off on me? No idea what I'm talking about? Read all about the art of nothing here.

So, when was your last holiday? Any good holiday suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. My "me time" is visiting my adult children in NYC with my yoga mat. On my way there now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds amazing! Enjoy your time away :)

      Delete
  2. How lovely! I hope you have a wonderful time! I was so bummed I had to cancel my Krabi trip due to ill health, so I shall live vicariously through you!

    Love Mornington Peninsula. :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear that hun, it seemed very serious as well. I hope you recuperate well, catch up with you when you're here xxx

      Delete